CHINA BRAIDED PACKINGS
For more than 100 years, we’ve been making sealing braided packings and rings in China. We have a good reputation for making high-quality products that work well.
There are about 50 different types and grades of braided packings that we can offer because we do research on fibres and lubricants.
Aramid, PTFE, graphite, carbon fibre, and other fibres are used to make the packings. They are meant to be used in the stuffing box of:
• Rotary units: pumps, agitators, stirrers, mixers, feeder screws, etc.
• Reciprocating units: piston pumps, homogenisers, etc.
Braided packings are formed of one or several yarn grades impregnated
Braided packings are manufactured from a variety of yarn grades and impregnations. These procedures are crucial in the production of high-quality packaging.
Our proprietary FILCOAT® technique is used to impregnate the yarn for the first time. The second impregnation takes place during the braiding process. Packings intended for use with fast-moving machinery may receive a final impregnation.
The braided packings can be impregnated to attain or improve specific features such as:
- Chemical resistance
- Thermal conductivity
- Stability under pressure
- Lubrication (especially during transitional conditions)
- Protection against corrosion
The fibres are then impregnated with a mix relevant to the packing’s use during the braiding process. These procedures greatly reduce friction and extend the equipment’s life (pumps, valves, etc.).
Rings and packings that have been compressed or moulded:
The advantages of compressed rings, braided packings, and premade rings are as follows:
- Optimisation of the ring count
- A reduction in friction of up to 30% as a result of the presence of a LATTY-developed agent.
- Lower maintenance expenses
- The stuffing box can be installed and replaced quickly, saving time for maintenance personnel and reducing production downtime.
- Extend the useful life of your equipment
We can give an optimised stuffing box because of our experience and complete command of the manufacturing process of our sealing packings. During the first tightening operations, all of the procedures in the manufacturing of our packings ensure that they maintain the optimum density for your applications.
This ensures that the sealing solutions on your installations will last.
Here are a few samples of our products:
- PTFE braided packing
- Aramide braided packing
- Carbon Graphite braided